SYCOP is a non-profit, non-governmental and non-political developmental organization struggling to aware, organize and mobilize the people of southern Punjab for the realization of their developmental and basic human rights. The SYCOP was registered under Voluntary Social Welfare Agency Ordinance 1961 on February 27, 1996. Started as a self-financed initiative taken by a group of volunteers, the SYCOP is active in the different socio-economic spheres of the Muzaffargarh and southern Punjab.
SYCOP has a General body consist of 20 members (10 female and 10 male). General body membership is voluntary and open for all residents of Punjab. A detail format has been designed to obtain membership with all conditions. The general body members meet once in a year.
Executive body consists of seven members including President, Vice President-I, Vice President-II, General Secretary, Deputy Secretary, Finance Secretary and Press Secretary. The Executive Body is elected for the period of three years by the general body. The executive body selects the Executive Director for the organization who is responsible for the overall management of the organization and programs. They meet on quarterly basis.
A democratic society where an individual has access to equal right and justice.
To equip with education and skills the marginalized people in realizing their developmental and basic human rights.
- To promote democratic norms in the society
- To capacitate the communities regarding their needs
- To promote healthy environment among youth by organizing them
- To promote gender equality and healthy cultural activities
- To equipped and aware the people about education, health and self help initiatives
- Social Mobilization
- Networking advocacy and Communication
- Capacity building, financial and technical support
- Research and knowledge building
- Complement existing public/private intervention
- Gender equality
- Peace and democracy
- Religious and cultural freedom
- Decentralization of powers and resources
- Regional cooperation
- Right to express
- Discipline and Simplicity
- Human rights awareness
- Stand up call against poverty
- Enrollment increase in primary school
- Development activities for youth
- Youth development
- Health and Hygiene Promotion
- Sustainable Livelihood and Agriculture
- Human Security and Emergency
- Gender, Women and Child Protection